.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Words on "Words of celebration"

Regarding my blog for Dec. 13, "Words of celebration", a dear reader wrote; “I am perplexed by 'Words of Celebration'. Are you really just getting ahead of the game or have you had an event that has made you more aware of our mortality?"

A response: yes, I am getting ahead of the game. Yet, I have had since the age of ten an awareness of "our mortality" and that has been of great benefit to a better appreciation of life and living.

Though I often feel great, I do realize that I am getting on, age-wise. I have already lived for a period of time that has permitted me to have experienced much, easy times, difficult times and as a survivor of both, I can appreciate that my life until now has been quite full. Yet, I must say that I do enjoy life. Each day brings more opportunities to exist in happiness, doing all the things that bring a sense of accomplishment for me and others. What more could one ask?

The “Words of Celebration” were written some 6 months ago. They were written from wherever, meaning, from thinking, from my heart, from my spirit.

Much of the poetry that I have written in the past has been done quickly, as were the words for the "Celebration". I do want the people who might come to a wake or whatever for me, to experience no grief, but there be joy at my passing for I have lived a good and full life. If I were there, we would all celebrate together, enjoying food, drinks, good conversation and music. I believe, I will be there, in spirit!

A gathering of friends who share good times, to me, is important. Better that we do these things, have these events while being alive. We all need to share our good feelings and love for one another in the here and now, and of course, the good feelings that we have for those who have gone before us will always remain.

We are both human and spiritual entities. Are we not fortunate, those of us who can have these feelings, these understandings? Those of us who enjoy nature in all of its simplicity and complexity are most fortunate. Those of us who can appreciate good music and food in the company of others are living lives that can be fruitful and most complete. Those of us who have families and friends are most fortunate if we are able to communicate with them our feelings and share our emotions. Those of us who can go deep within the self to think, meditate, relax and feel the comfort of existing, of prayer and of entering into another exquisite area of existence, realizing that we are there, in the here and now, have so much of value, so very much to be valued and so much to share with others.

Life, to me, is comprised of so many elements, both physical and spiritual. It is the integration of all of these elements that results in ultimate happiness, given that we as individuals never do anything that brings harm or unhappiness to others. We have a moral obligation to do what is good and right in our society; to do less is destructive of the self.

I trust that those of you who read these words and who can appreciate their significance are living or have the capacity to live good lives, lives that can be filled with happiness and joy, of comfort and pleasure, no matter what hardships, pain and suffering that we must endure. In all of this, it is the spirituality that we experience within the self that will permit us to live complete lives, lives that can bring comfort to our families and friends and all of humanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home