.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Monday, December 13, 2004

Words of celebration....

The following words were written some six months ago. They will probably be integrated with other comments in some future publication. I thought that before these words are “lost”, that they should be shared in the present.


Words for an introduction to Life and Passing

Introduction
While living, I would like to celebrate my passing.

First a word to all those that I may have hurt or harmed in any way, through any words, deeds or through acts of omission, I say that I am sorry and apologize for all.

A word of appreciation to all my friends and family for all the good things that you have done for me, for the support and encouragement given to me and all the others who have benefited from your existence. I pray that you will continue in your good and wholesome activities.

I am pleased to say these few words now as I believe that if not said, I would have regrets during my last few moments of living. Yet, I do have regrets for not having spent more time doing good works, for having wasted countless hours in non-productive activity, hours which if having been devoted to others could have provided some peace and possible consolation to those who have experienced lives of hardship and deprivation and to those who have not had the opportunities of the good life that I have experienced.

If I leave this world as a slightly better place for having lived, I am pleased. For me, this is what life is all about, the respect and care that we provide others in their on-going lives.

I celebrate with you my life and yours. We celebrate our existence and our passing.



1 Comments:

  • It has come to my attention in recent years that appreciating life, limb and person now while alive is a far better thing I can do than wait till someone kicks out of the game plan.
    Too many times, too many persons, too many places the compliments weren't there, the appreciation wasn't there.
    As my father is currently struggling to live on and on, he mentions a compliment when he isn't feeling well. When he feels better his regularly scheduled personality is available.
    So, Lou, I get it, what you posted. You're a rare person, a rare personality, someone who posts compliments, understanding and wisdom prior to passing away from all of us.
    You could be a candle, Lou, in a dark room. Whomever is standing there is still standing, not necessarily seeing the light. Never-the-less, I appreciate your understanding. I call that a "heart gem."
    From a snowy December Tuesday in Cleveland.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home