.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

National and international crises...

Although I intend to write more about the South Asian countries that were devastated by the tsunami of December 26, I do want to say a few words now as they relate to other important modern disasters.

The Canadian Prime Minister, Paul Martin, said that “This tragedy, this humanitarian crisis, is nearly beyond measure or human comprehension”; and further, “Let there be no question that, through this difficult time and far beyond, we will be there to comfort, to assist, to help in any way we can.” To these words, I can agree and most Canadians would support the Prime Minister, as well.

We have had another crisis in Canada; other countries have had, as well. That ongoing crisis situation relates to our poor and our homeless. I will this address crisis situation in the future.

Going beyond national and international disaster situations we have another that we have faced but perhaps not well. I speak of the international and crisis situation of the AIDS disaster. I want to examine that situation in light of the outpouring of assistance that is going to the tsunami crisis. I am pleased that so much aid is going to the South Asian countries and realizing that this aid will continue gives me cause to be pleased. But, what have we been doing, as members of the international community, to alleviate the pain and suffering of all those who have had some direct connection to the AIDS disaster? Perhaps there is no better time to explore this issue. This, I shall do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home