.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Year-end sports...(1)

One of the more exciting sports events for this time of year is the 2005 World Junior Hockey Championships. An excellent, exciting and entertaining game was just played between The United States and Russia, with the U.S. winning, 6 - 5. I saw both the beginning and end of that game and must express my belief that the entertainment factor was higher there than could be found at most of the regular National Hockey League team games. Perhaps I am saying this because the NHL is non-functioning at this time and their hockey season may not be played, whatsoever. I will write more about that situation later.

Yesterday, Canada played against Slovakia and came up as the winner, score: 7 - 3. I did not see the game but I believe that Canada learned a lesson as their team captain Mike Richards later said: "You have to play a full 60 minutes in a tournament like this. It doesn't matter what the score is, whether you are up or down, you just have to keep your foot on the gas." A good lesson for all teams, at all times, to remember.

In terms of activity during any game, I would rate some of the major sports in the following order:
hockey, basketball, soccer, football then baseball. Over the next week, I will see a few games, perhaps in small parts, of the first four sports. I wonder what some of my readers might think and then, if they might express their ratings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home