.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Four weeks to go

Ever since Remembrance Day, Nov.11, I have seen advertisements in stores, magazines, newspapers, TV, radio. Then the lights, Chrismas lights for stores, office buildings, homes, all bright in the night and oftentimes, during the day. Will all of these actions bring results in increased sales? No doubt. With more happiness and "peace on earth"? I doubt it. The costs for the extra electrical power far exceeds the benefits.

A few years ago, people were asked by governments to reduce hours of electrical usage for the extra Christmas lighting and in particular, the length of the season. I recall there was a reduction. Perhaps it is time to reconsider the "how" of Christmas lighting and more importantly the "why". I, for one, will use Christmas lighting at a minimum, and my good wishes to others will be done through words and smiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home