.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Sunday, November 21, 2004

First Day

In order to set up this blog, I decided to write a few words. I welcome myself to this new "initiative" that will permit me to keep a record of happenings in my life. These words may be of little interest to others but they may have some value, in the long run, for the sake of "history".

Today, while unpacking some dishes that I had stored because of a move some 20 years ago, I read some of the news items. From the Ottawa Citizen, May 7, 1984: "Ottawa's 'journalism mafia' "The Van Dusen family makes mark on the Hill." Peter, one member of the family, at that time said that he "was probably the least likely to succeed in journalism" and recalled a high school counsellor who suggested he should take a technical education (program) after he took an aptitude test. Today, Peter is a highly succesful TV news anchor and has his own program "Prime Time Politics" on a national network. Another article under Local Neighborhoods, reported on the establishment of a Neighborhood Watch program, because of the high crime rate in a neighborhood, the Bayshore Community. Recently that community met with the Chief of Police and the local member for the Provincial Parliament concerning, "the high crime rate"; what else is new in our society. Two other items caught my eye: "Day hospital programs work wonders" and "Surgical remedy found for heavy snoring": those articles still have relevance for today. But, some changes were noted, for example the costs of health care products: 100 vitamine C, 500 miligrams for $1.59 and 100, 400 I.U. natural source vitamine E at $3.49. What surprised me most was that I recalled having read so much of what was in that paper. I guess my memory has not failed me as much as I thought!

1 Comments:

  • This posted message is from your buddy Steve in Cleveland. I spotted this info and, of course, I will continue to follow your whereabouts, wisdom, your compliments, your wise ways. Not so anonymous, but, that other path was too much work to post. I'll continue to read your wise ways, Lou. --Steve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home