.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Monday, September 10, 2007

Changing Times

I remember a publication by the name Changing Times which I read to keep abreast of opportunities to invest in personal health and wealth. Although I can’t say that I was as successful in gaining great wealth but when it comes to health, I must say that I feel great. Today two individuals commented on my appearance for they could not believe that I am as old as I am. But age brings with it, at least for me, feelings of not wanting to participate in activities such as voting. Perhaps a sense of futility has settled in with my expression of: “One party is as bad as another”. Am I cynical? Yes, of course!

I have refrained from writing items which I might share with others for no sooner do ideas come to mind, other ideas seem to replace that were held earlier. Yet, I do write many emails to individuals and organizations for by doing so I am able to disburden myself of thoughts which tend to depress me and by doing so I can get onto other topics. As an example I want to write a letter to the Imam of a local mosque which is under construction. It will cover some topics which I would not want to share with the general public but which I do want to present to this Muslim authority. It will no doubt be a “mild blast” which will cause him to think and to perhaps appreciate what others might be thinking. Some parts of the contents of that letter might be used in some future article. Now, I will share one small item which may reflect a linguistic and cultural gap that exists between the Muslim community and the wider Canadian community. A sign was posted on the property which read: “Absolutely No Trespassing”. To most North Americans, “No means No” and the additional word “absolutely” does not wear well on those who read the sign. As well, the noise and dust created by the continuous drilling for the excavation in bedrock for the foundation of the building had been an ongoing nuisance to most of the local residence. It has been said that on Friday afternoon during the prayer session attended by Muslim men, the drilling was halted. “How nice for them”, a local resident said, “While we have to put up with the constant noise”.

I have always felt better after I “speak my mind”. It so often helps to “clear the air” and lets me get onto other tasks.

1 Comments:

  • The noise of the drilling is really hard to bear. Starting at 7 am in the morning, my nerves are "blank" as the German would say. One can not even open the window for fresh air, because of that "ratta-ta-ratta-ta" loud noise". That is very annoying !!!! When will it stop?

    By Blogger v, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home