.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A New Focus

A New Focus

After several months of travel in Europe and the United States, I have come to the conclusion that no matter how much I see, no matter how much I read, unless my thoughts are shared with others, all is lost.

One thought that recurs time and time again is that when I die, my associations with others, all my educational experiences leading to knowledge and understanding will die with me. Yet some of my words used in writing and discussions which I have shared with others may continue in that some individuals have been influenced in a positive sense.

My new focus will be on writing my ongoing thoughts and the sharing of ideas with others. I will not place emphasis on the criticism of the actions of others though I will not hesitate to express my personal point of view. I have become more aware as time passes of the political decisions that are being made which so often reflect the interest of those behind the political scene who have power and influence politicians to a degree that I had not been willing to believe. This has been magnified by my observation of some local politicians and their voting behaviour.

I have become disillusioned with the actions of the police who more often than people are aware of assume powers to which they should not take. How many displays of using excessive force can the public tolerate? Often members of the public do not enter complaints against the police. Courage to do so and the time and money that it takes to achieve a just outcome is just too much.

How democratic is our society?  How much power do political parties have in the determination of who should lead our country? Too much, I say but that is part of the political system within which we live. How much change has taken place to resolve the problems of the poor in our society? It is far easier for the Prime Minister to throw money in the direction of the military to foster the interests of peoples in far off lands. This is not to say that our military should not be well equipped but it is a question of how our military forces are used. In this regard, too much power resided with the Prime Minister!

I will be examining policies relating to our military and writing about my feelings and understandings. Policies relating to other federal government departments and agencies will also be examined. The National Capital Commission is high on the list of agencies that need to be reviewed and comments will be voiced on what is viewed as not in the best interest of the public.

The actions and activities of the Ontario Provincial Police and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in regards to Native Peoples (the First Peoples) deserve some attention.

Now, in all of this, I am not so naïve to believe that changes might come about reflecting what I believe to be necessary. My peace of mind is central to all that I do. I will be pleased to express my feelings, my thoughts and ideas. That is part of life; a simple life which reflects passing time from day to day and as time passes, those hours seem to pass more quickly than ever before. And that is part of nature and to be accepted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home