.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Sovereign Quebec

Quebec as a foreign country would be easy to accept. I am personally tired of all the talk of separation. All marriages are not perfect. When partners become disillusioned or are treated badly, we find that separation or divorce can be a positive outcome for both parties. Likewise in government, if separation of parts will produce happiness, then let it be!

I have lived in the province of Quebec. Part of my elementary and secondary education took place there. I speak French and have enjoyed the benefits of living and working with French Canadians. I have enjoyed participating in social and cultural activities and can see no reason whatsoever not to continue experiencing the pleasure of all such activities.

So, what would I have to lose? Very little, if anything; unless there will be some extra costs involved in getting into the new country or paying some higher taxation on the goods and services that I might acquire there.

I have come to the conclusion that I am in favour of Quebec’s separation. I encourage the separation. I would be willing to help in activities related to separation. If I choose once again to live there, I would not look upon such an activity as a step backwards but a positive step forwards.

I echo the words of Charles de Gaulle, the first president of the Fifth Republic of France. “Vive le Quebec libre!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home