.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Crow Eagle Talks

Monday, April 25, 2005

Semi-reverie

So often our dreams contain nonsense qualities about them. Yet, at times there are such true–to-life situations that upon awakening one would almost think that what was dreamed actually happened. The question is often asked how significant are dreams and what meanings can be transferred to one’s actual life. Many books have been written on those topics and I shall write about the significance of dreams at a later time.

For me, the most important or critical time for a dream state is between sleep and being fully awake. During those periods I can solve some of the minor problems of the world. It is a time period of great creative output. Material is covered for short stories, for poetry, for letters to the editors and for research into many areas of life experience.

I call the transition period of sleep to full awakening as semi-reverie. It is a state of existence that I can say I enjoy. I feel that I could conquer the world, or at least my very small world. I have powers beyond all measure or at least I can’t be hurt by any external force. It is a time of free-floating ideas that move on still waters. It is a time of comfort when both the body and mind are calm; when actual breathing can be enjoyed.

I am reminded of the highs that I would often experience when I ran long distances. During those times I would also experience the feeling of absolute harmony in breathing and blood flow; each breath was enjoyable as the air would be taken in then exhaled. Each running step was so smooth; the body propelled through the air, almost flying. What a safe way to fly, through the air yet so close to “terra firma” with man and space in an interesting balance. Almost a dream state; almost a state of semi- reverie; a state of existence to be enjoyed, not with a full understanding of what actually takes place but a condition to be experienced.

Semi-reverie is part of my life existence. Could I live without it? No!


Dreaming

Waking dreams and sleeping dreams
Are all the same to me.
They exist within my mind
And thus do set me free.

Hand in hand we strolled along,
Humming our immortal song.
Fondest memories are made of such,
They bring to life so very much!

© Lou Reeves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home